Date : 20th September 2008 (Saturday)
Venue : IISc, CEDT Seminar Hall, Bangalore
Registration : Free for First 100 members
|09:30||What, why, who, and how of open source|
|10:30||Quick overview of the Beagle Board|
|11:00||How does Beagleboard.org help students & startups in India|
|12:00||Q &A and Discuss lab setup to boot Linux on beagleboard|
|01:00||Lab #1 (Build and Boot Linux)|
|02:30||Validation Procedure for Peripherals on Beagle Board|
|03:00||Participating and Contributing to Open Community|
- Enable Students in India to develop s/w on embedded devices with Open Community.
- Training students in using the embedded platform for s/w development
- Give a big picture of what’s going on in the industry with Open Platforms.
- Benefits of working with Open Community and beagleboard.org in particular.
Audience & expertise:
- Students (2nd / 3rd year preferable) with very minimal knowledge of Linux,
- Students who are passionate about Open Source Linux kernel and s/w development for embedded platforms.
- Through mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject as “[OSDB] Attendee OSD Beagleboard at IISc 20-Sept-08”.
- Please mention College and Course undergoing.
Please NOTE this event is organized for “Students ONLY”